This online course is intended to be taken as a prerequisite for the full-day hands-on course at WesternU. It can also be taken alone to reinforce the participant’s understanding of Endodontic Diagnosis, Anesthesia, Access, and Glidepath. The course is designed to give participants a deeper understanding of how to approach difficult cases using the available technology. Topics include diagnosis and treatment planning, anesthesia, access, finding and treating the fourth canal,
applications of CBCT in diagnosis and clinical decision making, glide path management, reciprocation, minimally invasive canal
preparation, disinfection techniques, and warm vertical and single-cone obturation.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- endodontically diagnose, treatment plan, anesthetize, and access molars.
- utilize cone-beam computed-technology to aid in endodontic treatment.
- clean and shape canals efficiently using a variety of mechanized instruments.
- obturate root canals with various three-dimensional filling techniques.
Course Instructions: Please review each module presentation. You will complete an assessment after the completion of each module listed above. You must pass each assessment with a grade of 80% or higher in order to receive course credit. Multiple attempts of each assessment can be made.
- Module 1: Endo Diagnosis and Treatment Planning – Review of the fundamentals of endodontic diagnosis and treatment planning
- Module 2: Anesthesia – Strategies to improve pain management in endodontics
- Module 3: Access – Comprehensive review of molar access, including location and treatment of MB2
- Module 4: Glidepath – Preparation and management of root canal glidepath
**After you complete each module quiz, please go back to the module lesson page to mark complete before moving to the next module.
Author(s): Keith Boyer, DDS | Thomas Levy, DDS | J.T. Nguyen, DDS
CE Units: 3
If you have any course-related questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your questions will be forwarded to the appropriate content expert and you will receive a response within 48 hours.