This course is designed to be a self-directed, interactive online program to orient medical providers to the use and application of fluoride varnish to prevent cavities. Providers will develop a knowledge base of the physiopathology and pharmacokinetics of fluoride, therapeutic and systemic effects, application techniques, and practice management in integrate into their office practice. The provider will understand the risk factors associated with caries development and the clinical indications for the application of fluoride.
Authors: Brooke Bodart; Dr. Robert Hasel
CE Units: 3
Course Breakdown and Instructions:
Chapters & Topics
- Physiopathology of caries
- Pharmacokinetics of varnish
- Therapeutic benefits
- Systemic actions of fluoride
- Application techniques
- Home care following application
- Practice Management
- Understand the physiopathology of caries and pharmacokinetics of fluoride varnish
- Identify the risk factors and indications for use of fluoride
- Define the therapeutic and systemic effects associated with fluoride varnish
- Develop the correct application techniques and provide follow-up home care instructions
- Establish proper practice management for fluoride varnish reimbursement and upkeep
To successfully complete this course, you will need to study the material presented in the course presentation. This is a self-paced course that can be paused and returned to at a later time. Once you have reviewed the course presentation in its entirety, you will need to complete the final assessment below. Lastly, please make sure to submit the required course evaluation.
If you have any course-related questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Your questions will be forwarded to the appropriate content expert and you will receive a response within 48 hours.
You must pass the final assessment with a score of 70% to receive CE credit. After the assessment has been submitted you will have the opportunity to review your incorrect answers.
Grading for this quiz does not count towards the final quiz grade. Multiple attempts to this assessment can be made.
Be sure to complete the Fluoride Varnish course presentation before attempting this assessment. You must pass the final assessment with a grade of 70% or higher in order to receive course credit. Multiple attempts of this assessment can be made.
In order to receive CE credit, you must also complete the course evaluation survey.