Dental caries is the most common and chronic childhood disease in the United States. WesternU in collaboration with UCLA will host a 4-hour online CE course that focuses on the knowledge and clinical applicability of pediatric caries prevention and disease management.
The modules to complete are:
- Module 1: Caries Risk Assessment Tool
- Module 2: Clinical Oral Health Assessment
- Module 3: Patient Education
- Module 4: Caries Management Modalities: Fluoride Mechanism and Application
- Chapter 1 – Fluoride Overview
- Chapter 2 – Fluoride Alternatives
- Chapter 3&4 – Sealants and Preventive Resin Restorations
You will complete the final assessment after you have completed all modules listed above. You must pass the final assessment with a grade of 80% or higher in order to receive course credit. Multiple attempts of this assessment can be made.
Author(s): Marisa Watanabe, DDS, MS | Jamie Parado, DDS, MS | Yawen Peng, DMD, MA | Daniela Silva, DDS, MS | Krystle Rapisura, DMD, MS;
CE Units: 4 (Online Only)
If you have any course-related questions please contact email@example.com. Your questions will be forwarded to the appropriate content expert and you will receive a response within 48 hours.